Smith`s Nurseries have part time seasonal roles available for the upcoming Spring /Summer period. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a real passion for plants and great people skills.
Part Time: Minimum 18 hours per week
Role and Responsibilities:
• To talk to customers and answer any questions they may have on the plants we sell. Including giving customers advice on what to buy and how to care for their plants.
• Plant maintenance, tidying, sweeping, watering.
Candidates must show evidence of the following:
• A passion for plants and gardens.
• Advanced knowledge of all the main plant groups, soil types, plant placement and general gardening
• Good communication skills and a friendly manner
• Being capable of working on their feet for long periods of time in a busy working environment.
• Willingness to work outside for prolonged periods of time
• Must be well presented, punctual and willing to learn
• Must have excellent spoken English
Preferable (but not essential)
• Experience of working in a garden centre or retail/sales environment
• Horticultural Qualification
• Customer Service Skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, please call Andrew on 01895 233844 or email your interest and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org (FAO Andrew)